RE: STATUS OF DISCOVERY AVIATION - 💥 UPDATED 07-24-21

General discussion of the plane, flying, or anything else.
GimpyPilot
Based: KVNY
Tail Number: N418RT
Certificates Held: PP-ASEL

Re: RE: STATUS OF DISCOVERY AVIATION - 💥 UPDATED 07-24-21

Post by GimpyPilot »

I would suggest posting the email address in the Owners forum, as posting it here in the generally available forums means it's likely to get scraped by random internet bots and script kiddies. Jason's email will be overcome with spam.
philcook
Based: Z98
Tail Number: N591XL
Certificates Held: CFI, MEI, ASEL, MEL

Post by philcook »

So I’m confused - there is a separate ‘owners forum’? I didn’t realize there was a separate forum. How can I be given access to that?
Phil Cook
N591XL
bobbailey
Based: London UK
Tail Number: N518XL
Certificates Held: PPL

Post by bobbailey »

At the Board index, you will see an 'Owners Only' section at the bottom. I can't remember how I got access to this section, its been so long. But I would contact the Administrator - zspitzer. Right at the bottom of this page, click on 'The Team' & that will get you to him : Click on his name to bring up his details & that will enable you to pm him

Hope that works !!!
zspitzer
Site Admin
Based: KMGJ
Tail Number: N57NY
Certificates Held: PPL, IR

Post by zspitzer »

Yep, what Bob said. Phil, since I see you own 591XL I've added you to that group.

If anyone else owns their XL2, and doesn't see that forum, let me know. Pretty much all the important / useful stuff is in the General and Mechanics forums. But, back when the board was created and there were going to be a lot of flight schools training in XL2's, we wanted a place for the owners to talk about owner things in a slightly more private place. Back then there were more posts asking how to grease a landing in the XL2 than we've had lately.
bobbailey
Based: London UK
Tail Number: N518XL
Certificates Held: PPL

Post by bobbailey »

Thx Z. Still waiting for Jason Russell to go thru all the spares he now has access to, to see if he's got the friction base & friction pad we need ( resolving shimmy issue permanently). If he doesn't, we may investigate getting a small batch made, atcguy found the supplier. So if any owners would be interested in coming in on that please let me know. Jason has said his top priority is to get spares manufacturing restarted. However, this is dependent on the new money becoming available & the FAA playing ball