Fuel pressure issues causing Fadec Warning

Discussion off all the ADs.
Bigphoto
Based: KLKU
Tail Number: N207AU
Certificates Held: Commercial airplane single/mult IFR, ATC

Re: Fuel pressure issues causing Fadec Warning

Post by Bigphoto »

Is there any difference with running your aux fuel pump on in terms of the PSi? Might need to either rebuild your fuel pump or replace?

tafisama
Based: Adelaide,SA
Tail Number: XLY
Certificates Held: PPL

Post by tafisama »

Bigphoto wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:55 pm
Is there any difference with running your aux fuel pump on in terms of the PSi? Might need to either rebuild your fuel pump or replace?
Running the boost pump by manually putting the switch to on makes it worse and returning it to auto it goes back to the previous running state.My pump number is 655157-2A2.I thought it was supposed to be 655157-3A2.I am not sure if that is the right number.

ATCguy
Based: KGSO
Tail Number: N649XL
Certificates Held: ATC, A&P, PPL

Post by ATCguy »

I don't know about the pump number. I just finished replacing the fuel filters and all the o-rings between the pump and the fuel distribution block filter and that seems to have cleared up the issue with the slowly leaking down pressure I was having.

tafisama

Post by tafisama »

Just a quick update.The pump was tested on the bench and it is fine.It`s working well so I have been saved lots of money.We refitted it and started trouble shooting.I am disappointed with myself because we did not clean filters according to instruction in the IOF-240B Engine Manual.After much tussling the 10Micron filter was the biggest culprit.When we opened the top cover it was full of fuel but the fuel block itself didn`t have that much.We took a chance to just prove it was the filter and ran the engine without it and pressures were fine,no engine loosing rpm and power,sat it for 5mins at full throttle.No lights whatsoever and pressure was steady at 47psi at 2200rpm.We had to soak the filter in cleaner over night.Yeah the cleaner was black and after the cleaning we fitted it and I took off.The pressures were on the low side about 3 psi lower at higher rpms which occasionally triggered the lights during high altitude climbs.Below 2400Ft agl lights were not coming on at all.I decided to have the 32Micron filter out for cleaning.I have it being soaked in cleaner overnight and will fit it in the morning and make any adjustment as required then if weather is good,I will take it up and observe.I will update in the next few days.
Attachments
IMG20200920085812.jpg
IMG20200919155323.jpg
IMG20200919155309.jpg
Last edited by tafisama on Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tafisama

Post by tafisama »

N645XL wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:51 pm
Gasolator cleaned & installed correctly during annual? Fuel tank vent pipe unobstructed?
The filters were not cleaned properly. I am disappointed with myself.We did not follow the instructions of using Ultrasonic cleaner.We had to soak the 10Micron filter overnight and there was a lot of improvement and I now have the 32Micron filter being soaked overnight as well.The pump was tested and it has no issue at all.We did not use a mechanical gauge because my Lame was very positive it was the pump but now he cant believe how wrong he was.The Mechanical gauge would have led us to the filter by showing higher pressure when the VM was showing low pressure and this would have led us to the filter early.It`s all part of the learning curve.

N645XL
Based: I19
Tail Number: N645XL
Certificates Held: PP-ASEL

Post by N645XL »

Thanks for the update. Good lessons learned.

paulmilo
Based: YMNG
Tail Number: KXY

Post by paulmilo »

Wow, ok that makes sense' although surprised they were as dirty as that. Thanks for the update.
———————
Milo VH-KXY
Australia