Discussion off all the ADs.
PedroDTeixeira
Based: LPCS
Tail Number: DEUXL
Certificates Held: EASA Part 145

XL2 Annual - Help on Parts

Post by PedroDTeixeira »

Hi All,

My name is Pedro Teixeira and i am the maintenance manager for IFA-Industries, a Portuguese company that performs maintenance in GA aircrafts, recently certified in the XL2. We own the MSN 0047 that is currently registered D-EUXL.

The aircraft is awsome and all our students love to flight but, for the maintenance side, it is a but difficult to work with in respect for parts and manufacturer support.

I would like to have your help on how to get some parts for the annual inspection thatw e are about to start, such as the Nose Lock Pin and the Tail Attachement Lugs. For sure it is easy for someone that is inside the XL2 market (at least i hope so :D )

Thank you very much for your help and feel free to ask for any support that we can give from Portugal.

Stays safe and healthy!

GimpyPilot
Based: KVNY
Tail Number: N418RT
Certificates Held: PP-ASEL

Re: XL2 Annual - Help on Parts

Post by GimpyPilot »

Pedro,

I think I have two sets of spares, but I may only have one set of spares, which I would like to keep. If I have two sets, I may be able to help you, but I won't be going to the airport for several days. If you are still in need by the time I can check my spares, let me know. In the meantime, have you left word for Michelle, at Discovery? She generally returns calls within a few days, but the current virus challenge may have that taking longer. Alternatively, both parts are very simple. Any reasonably competent engineer machinist can probably make you a couple of each without trouble. (I'm also not familiar with the EASA regulations, but in the US, for Part 91 not for hire aviation, we are allowed to manufacture parts that are not currently available, as long as the parts are made to the original specification.)

Good luck!

PedroDTeixeira
Based: LPCS
Tail Number: DEUXL
Certificates Held: EASA Part 145

Post by PedroDTeixeira »

Hi friends,

As my parts that were shipped from Discovery went missing and Discovery doesn't seem to be replying to anyone, if someone has a set of Tail lugs and a Nose Lock pin with FAA 8130-3 to sell, please let me know as we are in urgent need of this...
We have our D-EUXL grounded for almost 3 Months now...

Thank you very much.

GimpyPilot
Based: KVNY
Tail Number: N418RT
Certificates Held: PP-ASEL

Post by GimpyPilot »

Pedro,

I'm sending you a private message with some current contacts.

Incidentally, these are 500 Hour parts rather than Annual Inspection parts.

-Michael