Fuel boost pump relay

General discussion of the plane, flying, or anything else.
jwm
Based: Koxc
Tail Number: 549xl
Certificates Held: ATP G2 G3 G4 HS125 DA20 CE650/500 A&P

Fuel boost pump relay

Post by jwm »

Anyone have a part number for the k003 fuel boost relay?

Thanks. JWM
GimpyPilot
Based: KVNY
Tail Number: N418RT
Certificates Held: PP-ASEL

Re: Fuel boost pump relay

Post by GimpyPilot »

Good morning...

I've been a few rounds with this relay. When mine went bad, Discovery had trouble finding the right information for me. Eventually, I found that it is Continental part number and PMA 10-400612 and it is ridiculously expensive that way at something like $850. It is really just a Mil Spec relay M5757/23-032. (Compare the spec on your existing relay to be sure.) See this thread for full information:

http://www.xl2forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4954

It took some time for me to find these at a reasonable price several years ago and several owners picked up spares at the time but It would appear that there are some on eBay at present for $65.00 each, which is great. Consider grabbing two perhaps. My spares went with the airplane when I sold it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284178756380?h ... SwUvVcuKML

I'm fairly sure the eBay seller is the same guy that sold them to us before. He is reliable.

Incidentally, you can get back in the air by simply using the unused side of the existing K003 while sourcing the replacement.

Good luck.
-Michael
Last edited by GimpyPilot on Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulmilo
Based: YMNG
Tail Number: KXY
Certificates Held: PPL

Post by paulmilo »

I don't actually need the part atm, but the seller wont accept queries and wont ship to Australia anyway :-(
———————
Milo VH-KXY
Australia
GimpyPilot
Based: KVNY
Tail Number: N418RT
Certificates Held: PP-ASEL

Post by GimpyPilot »

I am happy to acquire one and forward it to you, if you like. I'm not sure what it would cost to ship from Los Angeles to your location in Australia, but it's a very small package and it might be good for you to have one (or two) as a spare. (Though, as I found a couple of years ago, in a pinch, one can simply use the other side of the existing relay if one side goes bad.)