Help on parts - Shipping

General discussion of the plane, flying, or anything else.
PedroDTeixeira
Based: LPCS
Tail Number: DEUXL
Certificates Held: EASA Part 145

Help on parts - Shipping

Post by PedroDTeixeira »

Dear all,

I’ve purchased from Discovery Aviation a set of Tail Lug attachments and nose lock pins in order to finish our annual inspection. The items we’re shipped by Mark Miller (that meanwhile left the company) On the 11th May.

Mark gave me the tracking number CH097823532US from USPS for this shipping from Florida to Portugal.

In accordance with the tracking, the shipping seems to be lost somewhere after leaving Belgium Towards Portugal.

I’ve contacted USPS that states that the sender shall get in contact with them because of some data... as we all know, Discovery in almost in a lockdown and is almost impossible to get in touch with them and ask for these favors.

As most of you are from the US i ask if somebody can give me some help in order to locate this shipping and finally receive it! Some contact from Discovery (I’ve already contacted Jason Russel without success) or some way to deal with these international claims with USPS.

Also, if any of you has a set of the Tail lugs and Nose Lock pin with a FAA8130-3 that can supply to us, i would be very grateful!

Thank you very much for your help.

Pedro

XL2driver
Based: 7FL6
Tail Number: NXXXX
Certificates Held: Comm, CFII, Airplane MEL&S

Re: Help on parts - Shipping

Post by XL2driver »

Pedro, I have a lot of experience in dealing with USPS for international shipping of packages.
Despite what some people say about their reliability, we shipped packages via USPS from Florida to a client in Indonesia and to other clients in Europe every month for 5 years, and they never lost a single package.

From what I see on the tracking (see attached file), the last update was May 23rd. With everything being slowed down with COVID it would not surprise me if the goods are still in transit.

Also - USPS can no longer help us track this package as it has already been transferred to another carrier (in Belgium) outside of their jurisdiction, so they will not know where it is.

The best way for you to try and track this down, is to find out which (Belgium?) Carrier is responsible for taking over USPS packages when they arrive in Europe. There are some websites that will tell you this. Then call them and see if they can use the tracking number to help you locate the package.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
USPS_Tracking_Results.pdf
(106.3 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maintain VSO+1

PedroDTeixeira
Based: LPCS
Tail Number: DEUXL
Certificates Held: EASA Part 145

Post by PedroDTeixeira »

Dear XL2 driver,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Unfortunately Belgium post tell me they don't recognize the tracking code (even if it left their country...).

I am now trying with the Portuguese post offices to find it... Hope to be lucky!

XL2driver

Post by XL2driver »

Hi Pedro, see the attached screenshot which I received an update on last night.

It looks like your parts are still on their way to you, so hopefully you will receive them soon.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.26.36 PM.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maintain VSO+1

XL2driver

Post by XL2driver »

Hey Pedro, I just received the latest update, the package is being held in customs in Portugal.
I'm sure a nice bottle of red wine will do the trick ;-)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 4.06.07 PM.png
Maintain VSO+1