WANTED: TOE-BRAKE MECHANISMS AND GW SEAT CUSHIONS FROM NON-FLYING OR DAMAGED XL-2's

General discussion of the plane, flying, or anything else.
XL2driver
Based: 7FL6
Tail Number: NXXXX
Certificates Held: Comm, CFII, Airplane MEL&S

WANTED: TOE-BRAKE MECHANISMS AND GW SEAT CUSHIONS FROM NON-FLYING OR DAMAGED XL-2's

Post by XL2driver »

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to locate any "permanently grounded" XL-2's that anyone knows about.
These can be aircraft that are out of service and unlikely to be put back into the air, or damaged aircraft.

The purpose is to try and salvage (purchase) particular parts from those aircraft, primarily -
(a) toe brake mechanisms and
(b) Seat Cushions from Gross Weight XL-2's.
Other parts may be useful too, but these are the main ones we are looking for.

If anyone in the group knows of any Xl-2's that are "permanently parked" or lying somewhere, please let me know and I will follow up with the owners.

The toe brake mechanisms can even be somewhat damaged, as long as we can still rebuild them.

Any help appreciated, thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maintain VSO+1

Bigphoto
Based: KLKU
Tail Number: N207AU
Certificates Held: Commercial airplane single/mult IFR, ATC

Re: WANTED: TOE-BRAKE MECHANISMS AND GW SEAT CUSHIONS FROM NON-FLYING OR DAMAGED XL-2's

Post by Bigphoto »

Are you having problems with your toe brakes? I do have some XL-2 spare parts to include engine still in the box from continental (fixed) after a prop strike from serial # 0104....drop me an email at aviationspoken@yahoo.com

nikkeyf
Based: KTOA
Tail Number: N519XL
Certificates Held: ASEL

Re: WANTED: TOE-BRAKE MECHANISMS AND GW SEAT CUSHIONS FROM NON-FLYING OR DAMAGED XL-2's

Post by nikkeyf »

@XL2driver,
Have you found anything for your plane? I was talking to Discovery aviation a couple of days ago and they say for the toe-break kit the lead time is about 6 months and is even more for weight increase kit. Let me know if there's something available, please. I'd like to purchase it as well.

XL2driver
Based: 7FL6
Tail Number: NXXXX
Certificates Held: Comm, CFII, Airplane MEL&S

Post by XL2driver »

We located one set but are looking for another too. I'll let you now if I hear of any though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maintain VSO+1

tafisama
Based: Adelaide,SA
Tail Number: XLY
Certificates Held: PPL

Post by tafisama »

I am looking for that part too even if it`s for the pilot side,I would be very happy.